Saturday, June 23, 2007

WOOO HOOO!!!

I made it! I seriously think this was the craziest, busiest, most exhausting week of my entire life! For the last two weeks, every waking and breathing minute (when Jacob and Gavin were sleeping) was spent on report cards or packing up my classroom at school.

This week was what it all came down to though, a culmination of everything in one big blur of events. On Monday, our small group had a barbecue at our house as a final get-together before summer break. The next day, my classroom had to be ready for the move so I stayed at school until every. last. box. was packed. On Wednesday morning, movers took all of our boxes down the hallway and we were given one afternoon to unpack ALL of them. My job-share partner next year is one of my closest friends in the world. We started off by carefully choosing which supplies we would put in which cupboards and so on. By the end, we were shoving every last manipulative and book ANYWHERE that we could fit it. TWO teachers with A LOT of stuff together in ONE room. There wasn't even space for an eraser when we were done... I don't know how we were able to close the doors! (Actually, I do. They kept exploding open, so we had to re-arrange things several times before they would finally close. :) Then I went home and prepared everything for yes, our class field trip to the zoo on Thursday. All of our report cards and cum files were also due by the end of the Thursday. I remember laying on the couch for a 5 minute break and thinking that it was hard to even breathe. We made it back from the zoo without any major trauma or missing kids, so that was good. After school, I rushed home to get ready for our last MOPS meeting. The funniest part was that each table leader was given a specific award being that it was the last night. How perfect that I was awarded, "Most likely to multi-task at MOPS". You're not kidding!! Then it all came down to Friday. That crazy long check-off list I told you about was waiting on my desk for our principal to look over and sign. I can't even tell you how AMAZING it felt to watch her check off the final tasks. It was as if a million bricks were lifted from my shoulders. I was completely elated and immediately called Adam to tell him that I was officially checked-off and ready for a celebration dinner!

I think he was glad to see his exhausted, stressed-out wife (who slept through her alarm two out of three days) have her happy, optimistic personality back. After being swamped every night for the last few weeks, he was probably just happy to SEE me! It was funny... today I was chattering and dancing about like my usual self and he didn't even know what to do! He was used to me being so busy and having some actual peace and quiet for once. :) But I made it. Now I'm not sure what to do with myself. :) I have three hours left with my students on Monday, which will be sad because I have the best class ever this year. I'm glad I'll just be able to enjoy them for one last day without the looming check-off list anymore. YYEEAAHH!! Summer, here we come!!!

1 comment:

Tylertopia said...

Wooo-Hooo! You made it, girl! Now it's all about free time right? Summer, yay! Call us...playtimes anytime. :o)