Tuesday, June 12, 2007

June 13

June 13. A day that has stood out amongst others for 29 years now. How did I get to be 29 again? Wasn't I just in college yesterday? Crazy. At least with my husband being five and a half years older, it makes it a little easier to swallow. ;)

As I was growing up, my mom did an AMAZING job making sure my birthday was special. I remember my heart pounding in excitement the night before. There's just something about your birthday when you are little, it's the best day ever. Even when I first married Adam, my birthday was a big deal and he tried his best to make it special for me too. I think something changes the moment your first child is born. Your whole world changes. All of a sudden, in an instant, it's not about you anymore. Now I try to make Jacob and Gavin's birthday as special as my mom made them for me. I would bask in watching the birthday excitement glow on their faces any day over mine.

Adam bid a particular line just to get my birthday off, which I didn't know about and thought was so sweet. So I get to be with my family all day. Just hearing little Jacob sing "Happy Birthday to Mooommy" at the top of his lungs is really all I would need to make my day anyway. :) He's been asking me ever since his birthday when my birthday was and how old I would be. I was surprised when he remembered today that I was turning 29. Maybe he'll help me blow out all those candles! My dad and stepmom are also coming over to babysit so Adam and I can go out for the night. Family. That's all you need for a happy day!

I was listening to Chris Daughtry in my car earlier. Be careful what you wish for, 'cause you just might get it all... I am so grateful for everything God has blessed me with in these 29 years. I wouldn't change a thing.

4 comments:

Tylertopia said...

Knowing that today you are 29, actually makes me feel REALLY old..haha. But even still, I just wanted to say....

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear Kerri
Happy birthday to you!!!

Hope you have a WONDERFUL day and all of your b'day wishes come true. I am so happy that Adam gets the day off to be able to celebrate with you. Enjoy!

Organized Chaos said...

Happy Birthday Kerri! Knowing I have four years on you and one more child makes me feel better about how much better shape you were in then me when we worked out with the trainer! :)

LDraper said...

Happy Birthday Kerri!

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

I missed it with the insanity of the move... but happy birthday anyway! I'm glad you had help blowing out those candles!