Thursday, June 07, 2007

My head is spinning!

If you know a teacher, are married to a teacher, or are a teacher... you know that September and June will always be PACKED with a little more craziness than usual. These months will forever be associated with the beginning and the end of the school year. Both are huge events in the life of a teacher, taking hours to prepare and complete an overwhelming number of tasks. Add a few kids to the family, and finding the time to complete this process can get REALLY complicated. We also have two new elementary schools opening in the upcoming year, so our school is downsizing to almost half the number of staff and students. Teachers are leaving and creating open classrooms, which means teachers who are staying will likely have to move classrooms as well. This includes me... after being in the same classroom since I was first hired six years ago. Needless to say, report cards, packing up my room, and the endless check-off list are keeping me pretty busy. If I'm not keeping up on my blog so well right now... I'll make up for it once school is out!

No comments: