Thursday, July 26, 2007

Seaside

We just got back from Seaside with my dad, stepmom, sister, brother-in-law, nephew, niece, stepbrother, his wife, and their five month old baby. All in one four bedroom house! Not so much sleeping went on, but hey, who needs sleep? ;) Gavin especially loved waking up super early, so we would go on a walk down the beach each morning. There's nothing like seeing the beauty of the ocean and being immersed in God's amazing creation. Each crash of the waves takes my breath away and reminds me of how big and how real He is.

It was overcast the first few days, but that didn't stop us! I packed up the boys and we dove right into that beach. Even though both Jacob and Gavin lost their footing and fell into the water, they got back up and played in their soaking wet clothes. Luckily, it was warm and muggy outside so I let them play in the "mud" for a little while. Gavin became one with the mud and loved every minute. Despite being a little upset about falling into the water, Jacob shook it off and even built a little volcano. :)

The next day was sunny, but pretty windy. We took the boys to Cannon Beach and walked against the wind right up to Haystack Rock. As I carried Gavin, I caught a glimpse of his face that I will always remember. The wind was practically blowing him away, but the smile on his face was the biggest I've ever seen. I wish I had a picture for you.

Gavin and Grandpa... it just doesn't get any more precious :)
Gavin with Grandma Kathy
Jacob and Maddie... and a whole lot of cousin love
Experiencing the ocean together
Gavin and his mudfest
Jacob's mud volcano
How did Maddie come out SO clean? Gavin embracing his wet and muddy self... Jacob, a little distraught about it :)

1 comment:

Tylertopia said...

Oh that 1st pic is so awesome! Looks like you all had a wonderful time. :o)