Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Where do they come up with this stuff?!

Today at dinner, Jacob was sitting in his chair and matter-of-factly said, "Mommy, I feel nauseous." Seriously. I'm pretty sure Adam and I have never said that around him. Where did he come up with that one? I know he didn't know what it meant, because he was eating his dinner and feeling fine. It's just so funny when they randomly say things and you're left to wonder where they've even heard that before. I'm sure it's only the beginning... this will probably happen everyday when he's in school, right? ;)

Another funny thing is that Jacob has been curious about who all are girls and boys lately. At first he would just say, "Mommy is a girl. Daddy is a boy. Jacob is a boy. Gavin is a boy." and so on. After he figured out the difference between boys and girls, he told us that boys (using Daddy, Gavin and himself as an example) have a penis. The only confusing thing to him is... if girls don't have a penis, what do they have? So he said, "Mommy, you don't have a penis? You only have a bum?!" Adam and I completely cracked up!

No comments: