Saturday, November 03, 2007

Seven Things...

Alright, so I better get to those seven things about myself. This one's for you Melynie!

1. I am really bad with directions. For real, so embarrassingly bad. I could have been to somebody's house several times and still have no idea how to get there. I also really dread trying to follow directions while I'm driving (I need a fancy GPS to tell me where I'm going, I guess ;) Then once I get to the place I'm going, I can't follow the directions backwards to save my life. I have to take the freeway everywhere because I would be completely lost on back roads. From what I hear, I come from a long line of people who are directionally challenged. That makes me feel a little better.

2. To make up for this shortcoming, I was blessed with book smarts. Getting good grades came easily to me and I was one A- away from being Valedictorian in high school. (Not that I wanted to be Valedictorian) So I was that annoying person who set the curve in your class. 3.9 GPA in high school and college. And yes, mean kids called me a Dexter. I hated that.

3. I have a really bad habit of biting my fingernails. I have had this habit since I was in the fourth grade. I've tried everything from that gross tasting polish to french tips. At this point, I've pretty much given up. My mom and sister bite their nails too, but they can at least go through stages of growing them out. I've never been able to.

4. I LOVE mini things. I don't know what it is about things that are miniature, but I think they are the cutest things ever. Newborn clothes, puppies, vanilla wafers, Ben-N-Jerry's ice cream,toothpaste... whatever I find, I am positively giddy about.

5. I love to dance. If people are dancing, I'm right there with them. If Adam is there, I make him dance with me too. ;) Slow dancing, swing dancing, line dancing (the electric slide is the best!), random dancing, I love it all. When I was a camp counselor, I choreographed dances with my campers for the talent show. I even demonstrated one for Adam when we first met. Now, as a mommy, I dance with Jacob and Gavin all the time.

6. I like to sing too, but have a terrible voice. Thankfully, my first graders don't mind since I sing all the time in class. Adam has one of those seriously amazing singing voices. The kind that gives your arm goosebumps and your heart butterflies at the same time. He doesn't sing for me very often, but when he does... I want time to stop somehow. So it must be especially hard for him to endure my singing. But I sing nonetheless... usually at the top of my lungs.

7. I was really into leadership in high school. ASB treasurer as a Freshman, ASB secretary as a sophomore, and ASB Vice-President as a Junior and Senior. I was going to run as ASB President as a Senior, but my best friend decided to run. So after all that, I'm definitely not afraid to speak in front of people. (Isn't that supposedly one of life's greatest fears?)

2 comments:

Tylertopia said...

Fun things to read! I am totally with you on the whole lack of direction thing. I am happy to know I'm not the only one who can go somewhere several times, but still have a hard time finding it the next time. :o)

Organized Chaos said...

You DO need a GPS...with all of Adam's toys you could totally talk him into one. Brad bought us the Garmin Nuvi and it has changed my life! I'm good with directions, but when we moved from the west to east coast we never pulled out a map and never had a hard time deciding where to eat or stop!

Thaks for playing tag with me!