Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Real Thing


We made it! We spent the evening at my friend's house so our kiddos could trick-or-treat together. Their neighborhood is so much fun and completely decked out with Halloween decorations. Really, I've never seen anything like it. Almost every house was lit up with lights and carved pumpkins. Some really went out of their way... to the extent of having a blown up castle in their front yard with smoke and music, one front yard was roped off with a man laying in the grass and a bear with his shoe, Chewbacca(from Star Wars) was standing on one porch greeting trick-or-treaters, and handfuls upon handfuls of candy. What a night!


Daddy got a kick out of Chewbacca
Jacob loved trick-or-treating and wanted to be right beside his friend Kailey the entire night. He's getting so independent, now insisting on being with friends instead of holding mommy's hand. Gavin was such a trooper, I couldn't be more impressed with how well he did tonight. We walked from house to house for over an hour and he kept right up with the older kids. I don't know how those little legs endured so much walking. I think the candy helped. ;) Every house we went to had at least two stairs (I probably wouldn't notice if I didn't have a toddler), so he fell more than his share of times. My friend said I should've taken a picture of every time he fell and scrapbooked them. It really would have been an entertaining page. There would have been at least ten pictures of Gavin, not to mention three or four of Jacob. At almost every house, one of them fell. Seriously.

It was a fun night. So precious and memorable when they are that little... I loved it.

The littlest trick-or-treater fell asleep in her Mommy's arms

2 comments:

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun! I'm a little jealous!

L

Kathy said...

Oh my gosh - my old neighborhood! Funny that I recognized it from that picture of the haunted house yard... Fun to see all of you - the kids look great!!!