Sunday, October 21, 2007

How many minutes can I keep my house clean?

Today I had a baby shower at my house for my friend. So yesterday, I had to clean. and clean. and clean. I don't actually like to clean, but I love it when my house is clean. The nice part was that our builder was paying for our tile to be cleaned... so that part was done for me. It was pretty funny because while the man was cleaning, Jacob and Gavin were both crying. Jacob was upset because I had moved all of our furniture around and he wanted me to move it all back. Gavin was throwing a fit about ~ whatever he was throwing a fit about.
He looked at me and said, "I don't know how you do it."

Me - "You don't have kids?"
Him - "No. And I don't want kids."
Jacob and Gavin cry some more.
Him - "Doesn't that ever get to you? (Looking uncomfortable) It just makes me feel so claustrophobic."
Jacob - "Mommy, move it back! Move back the furniture!
Gavin - WAAAAAHHHHHH!!!
Tile man looks nauseous and exits the scene.

Anyway, so I finally finished cleaning after the boys went to bed. Since the baby shower was after church, I knew that Jacob and Gavin wouldn't have time to create much of a mess. I was wrong. They managed to get a lot accomplished in the few minutes they were running around before church. Gavin pulled out a few pan lids to bang together. Jacob's sippy cup lid was loose and milk was splashing out. Gavin reached up to the fill his cup with water from the refrigerator, which he proceeded to dump on the floor. Sy slept on the couch and shed his white hair everywhere. And brought in his dirty footprints after going outside. So how many minutes can I keep my house clean? I guess however many minutes everyone is sleeping. :)

2 comments:

Tylertopia said...

hehe. Life with kids is awesome! Even with all the crying, screaming and messes...I know I wouldn't want a life without them. :o)

Lovin' on my Boys said...

It truly is the best. I couldn't ask for anything more.