Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Practice round!

The Y had a cute trick-or-treat parade that we went to today. Jacob was in preschool, so I dressed up Gavin and met my friend and her baby there. Gavin was only seven months old last Halloween, so I basically carried him while Jacob ran from door to door. I'm so excited that he is the perfect age to participate now. He can walk, carry a pumpkin bucket, say tri o' treee, and taak too... and that's all you need to know, right? ;)

It was adorable to watch. Really adorable. At first, Gavin wasn't sure what to think or do. Then the first dressed-up adult gave him his first candy. You could almost read his face... "Really, I just stand here and look cute and you hand me candy? This is the best game EVER!" After that, he was ALL OVER the trick-or-treat game. He happily ran from person to person, filling up his pumpkin. Actually, he held onto as many treats in one hand as possible before dumping them in. He did not want to let go of his pumpkin bucket the whole rest of the day. It was his pride and joy.

Gavin and my friend's baby, Ethan
Getting this trick-or-treat thing down
Feeding Ethan a candy bar, wrapper and all!
Completely and utterly obsessed with their candy
My friend Laurina and I with our lil' guys
Our pumpkins this year ~ Daddy, Mommy, Gavin, Jacob, and Sy the puppy (Adam gets all the credit for the dog pumpkin)

1 comment:

Tylertopia said...

So cute! I love your carved pumpkins! Sy even gets one...that is awesome.