Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Bonding...

I've been able to capture some cute bonding moments between Jacob and Gavin lately. Realize that this is an extreme rarity, as our days are usually filled with attempting to annoy each other, grabbing toys out of hands, and screeching for mom. If ever I find them playing together quietly, I soak up the moment in awe for as many minutes as it lasts.

So you could imagine how fast I ran for my camera when I saw them all cuddled up on the couch together. Usually, if one even comes near the other, upset voices fill the room instantly. So the fact that they were not only near each other, but CUDDLING?! Unbelievable. I did find out later that afternoon that Gavin was running a fever. So in all actuality, he was probably just too exhausted to argue.


Then yesterday, I got out one of Jacob's new Car games and was teaching him how to play. Gavin crawled up to join us and before I knew it, they were taking turns spinning the arrow and placing their plastic circles on the Bingo cards. Honestly... no tears or tantrums for over ten minutes! Just patiently taking turns and playing their first game together. Awwww...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice. I am looking forward to our boys being able to play together...I think Ayden is looking forward to it too, as he keeps trying to carry Kael EVERYWHERE he goes (like a doll! LOL) while saying "I wanna play with him!" hehe. Hopefully when that time comes, he will still let his brother be around him. :o)