Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Jon and Kate plus six?

Two of my closest friends needed me to watch their kids yesterday. So we had six kids, all five and under at our house. Thank goodness my mom was here, otherwise I'm pretty sure I would've lost my mind! I don't know how Jon and Kate do it... :)

We tag-teamed changing diapers, making lunch, reading stories, doing puzzles, helping kids on the swings/slide... it was definitely nonstop. Especially since we were told not to even try putting their little ones down for a nap. And of course, Gavin didn't want to nap either because there were so many friends to play with!

When their parents came to get them, the house was so quiet and we were relieved to sit down and relax. It made having three kids seem super easy. In fact, I think I should do this more often because it puts my life in perspective. Those days when I'm thinking it's chaotic with three, I know it really isn't. ;)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are brave. Big high-five to you!! That's awesome that you helped your friends, even if it was a bit crazy for a while. :o)

Heather Mattos said...

Holy Moly, you had your hands full! I couldn't imagine having to manage all of them because it is hard enough with one for me. But, if we could do it last year, anything is possible.