Monday, March 09, 2009

My BIG boy!


Gavin turned three today! We had his birthday party yesterday, and believe it or not, it was snowing again. I say again because it snowed on Jacob's birthday too. I do love the snow and there is something magical about it snowing on your birthday. However, that also means my mom, sister, Maddie, and Travis weren't able to come to their parties. My boys are super close to their cousins, so that is always a bittersweet thing.

Despite that though, Gavin had a really fun day. He has been obsessed with Buzz Lightyear ever since he first watched the movie Toy Story. It was actually at his birthday party last year that my mom and sister got him Woody and Buzz and he's been playing with them ever since. So I knew that all I had to do was get Gavin a Buzz cake, Buzz balloons, and Buzz treat bags... and he would be so so happy.



Thankfully, most of our local friends were able to come. We had pizza, chips, fruit and blue gatorade for lunch.



A lot of my friends have babies that are Casey's age, so I couldn't resist lining them all up!

After eating, we went upstairs for the moon walk with Buzz. I had gotten bags and bags of bubble wrap at a store nearby and we layered it across our family fun room. I figured more layers, more fun... right? Then I wrapped Easter whoppers in foil and spread them out all over the bubble wrap. (So they had moon rocks to hunt for while they were jumping on the moon ;) On our big screen, we played the beginning of Toy Story 2, where Buzz is walking on the moon. So, with Buzz in the background, the kids collected moon rocks for their treat bags and jumped and jumped. It was really fun to watch.


After that, Gavin opened his presents, blew out his three candles, and ate his cake. He was so excited that yesterday was all about him. :) Especially since kids his age are so egocentric anyway! He kept saying, "It my bir-day! It Gavin bir-day!" And I would make up silly birthday songs for him all day long.





So what did we do today... on his actual birthday? We ate roll-up pancakes for breakfast and played in the snow before it all melted away! He made bir-day snowballs, played with his bir-day trains, and even went potty on his bir-day toilet. Now we are off to his bir-day dinner!



I love you so so much buddy. I hope you felt as happy on your birthday as I feel everyday for getting to be your mommy.

4 comments:

Organized Chaos said...

Sees like we were both just giving birth two days apart...can't believe how big they both are!

Heather Mattos said...

what a great birthday! i love the "moon walk,." happy birthday Gavin:)

Tylertopia said...

What a big boy! Looks like he had a fantastic birthday. I love your creative moon walk too! Nice! :o)

Anonymous said...

You have such an amazing blog! I just spent an hour looking all the way back to your birthday!

Gavin's birthday was a lot of fun! I can't believe how fast all of these babies are growing up!