Saturday, March 21, 2009

Just like his biggest brother



Casey reminds me a lot of Jacob. When he was born, he actually looked more like Gavin to me. Now, I think he has become almost a spitting image of Jacob. Besides his looks, there are more and more things that he is doing just like his biggest brother.

1. He said "da da da" two weeks ago. (I tried to deny it, in hopes that he would say mama first. He just kept saying it though, so I finally gave in. ;) Dada was also Jacob's first word at eight months. Gavin said mama first at six months.

2. At his six month appointment, Casey weighed 17 lbs 9 oz and was 27 1/2". Jacob weighed 17 lbs 15 oz and was 28 1/2". They were both in the 95% for height and 50% for weight. Gavin was a whopping 20 lbs 10 oz at six months! He is still SUCH a big boy today, in the 95% for everything.

3. Like Jacob, Casey just cut his first bottom tooth at six and a half months. Gavin was eight months before he cut his first bottom and top tooth together.

4. Unfortunately, Jacob had A LOT of ear infections when he was little. He was one ear infection away from getting tubes at age 2. Today, I took Casey to the doctor because he had a high fever. It turns out, his inner ear had tons of mucus which eventually created so much pressure that it ruptured. No wonder he hasn't been sleeping very well this week! I thought it was his bottom teeth breaking through... poor thing. So there is a tiny hole inside his ear that we are trying to heal in the next few days with ear drops. I hope he doesn't take after Jacob with the whole ear infection thing. That was horrible.

It's been so much fun to have a third boy to compare with my other two. Since Jacob and Gavin are as opposite as it gets! It will be interesting to see when Casey starts walking, seeing how Jacob was 9 months and Gavin was 14 months! I'm sure he will be somewhere in the middle. He is already starting to get up on all fours and rock. I am SO in trouble when he becomes mobile. ;)


3 comments:

Ruby Red Slippers said...

My first two are complete opposites, as well, and my third is a combo of both of the two older ones...so strange!
Your boys are the cutest things ever!!!

Heather Mattos said...

I can't believe how big Casey is already! I hope that his ears get better too. You are already in trouble, lady, with 3 boys:)

Tylertopia said...

Awww, he sure is a cutie!! :o) Love that last photo.