Friday, July 29, 2011

A little update...

So it turns out we won't be traveling to Russia as soon as we thought.  Of course, as soon as I start to plan for our trip and where the boys will be while we're gone, everything changes!  I am just such a planner because I feel so much more at ease when everything is under control.  :)  The thing is though, everything is under control... it's just God's control and not mine.  All along, I have been worried that I would miss the boys' first day of school.  Because typically, I would think their first day (of Kindergarten especially) was one of the most important things in the world.  I have to realize even that will be okay though.  Bringing this little girl home from a life in an orphanage without a mommy or a daddy, that's pretty important too.  ;)  I can always have a do-over on Jacob and Gavin's first day of school.  After all, it will be my first day experiencing everything with them at least!

I have a feeling everything will work out though.  When you know with certainty you are doing something God cares so much about, you know He is going orchestrate everything way better than you could ever have planned.  :)  We are just along for the ride (and the paperwork ;).  Even though we so badly want to meet our little girl, we take comfort in the fact that He is watching over her for us right now.  When I look at it that way, she couldn't be in better hands.

We covet your prayers as we embark on this journey though.  I know three trips to Russia in a matter of months won't be easy.  Leaving our three little boys at home for any extended period of time won't be easy.  Flying standby for twelve different flights won't be easy.  A fifteen hour airplane ride home with a baby we are just getting to know won't be easy.  Transitioning her into our time zone (which is 11 hours earlier than what she is used to) won't be easy.  Getting adjusted to life with four kids won't be easy.  God never promised us an easy life though.  All we can do is live for Him to the best of our ability with the time that we have... and we feel honored that we get to change a little girl's life forever in the process.

3 comments:

Wendi said...

Praying for you!!!

Heather Mattos said...

you are a remarkable woman and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Missy said...

What a journey! The reward is going to be so big. Keep your chin up. :)