Friday, July 29, 2011

Little boys sayings and stories...

Jacob

Jacob always refers to Gavin and Casey as his two boys.  For example, when we are ordering ice cream he will say, "All of my two boys love chocolate."  Cracks me up.

We were at Winco last week and Jacob noticed that it said 24 hours.  He immediately exclaimed, "They have nocturnal people there mommy?!?!"  I told him that they weren't really nocturnal, they just have to get used to a different schedule when they are working.  To which responded, "That's not going to be good mommy.  When customers come they will say, 'I just can't help you.  I'm... too... tired!'"

When we go through the McDonald's drive-thru and Jacob doesn't get a happy meal (aka... anything without a toy), he immediately calls it a sad meal.  :)  So now everytime we go through the drive-thru, he asks if we are getting a happy meal or a sad meal.

Gavin

When Gavin was whining the other day, I was experimenting with some Love and Logic by telling him that he was draining my energy.  (Then supposedly if your energy is drained, they have to help you get your energy back by helping with the dishes, cleaning up toys, etc.  Or you can go the other route and say that you don't have enough energy to make cookies, drive to the park, etc.)  So later that night, I was talking to Gavin and he said, "Momma, if you keep talking, I'm gonna lose my energy."  Ha!

Gavin was looking for something the other day and I told him to look under his bed.  He responded with confusion, "But I'm not strong enough to lift up my bed!!"

A few minutes after going upstairs to play wii, Gavin came back downstairs.  I asked him why he came back downstairs so quickly, he sighed and said, "The screen said 'Better Luck Next Time', so I'll just play next time..."

After we went to the Peter Pan play a few weeks ago, Gavin pointed to the map in his bedroom and asked me to show him where Never Never Land is.  :)

Now that he can read, Gavin wants to call everything by its actual name.  He corrects Casey each time that circle crackers are called Ritz, square crackers are called Wheat Thins, and rectangle crackers are called Honey Maids.  ;)

We were shopping for Gavin's kindergarten school supplies, and he lit up in excitement when he found a Toy Story backpack.  I said, "Wow, Gavin wants that Toy Story backpack really badly!"  He immediately replied, "No,  I want that backpack really GOODLY!"

Jacob is really into Magic Treehouse Books so we take turns reading a chapter before bed every night.  We are about halfway through the series and I love that each book has teachable moments inside.  (With the exception of a few that encounter ghosts and mummies, which I'm not a fan of...)  However, Jack and Annie have gone to the moon, the rainforest, the North Pole, Ancient Greece, the Titanic... all which have led to really interesting conversations.  Gavin cracks me up because after reading about a volcanic eruption in Pompeii, he said, "Mommy, I never want to go there."  Next was about some vikings in Ireland and he said, "Mommy, I never want to go to Ireland."  Then we read about a dragon king in China and he said, "I never want to go to China either."  Hmmm... so maybe these teachable moments aren't necessarily inspiring him to be a world traveler.  ;)  The one we are reading right now though is about the Civil War.  So as I'm explaining the Civil War in the most simplistic kid language possible, Gavin said, "Mommy, I don't want to live in the United States anymore because there is too much slaves!"

Casey


When we were grocery shopping a few weeks ago, Casey was sitting in the cart.  He usually picks his favorite thing to hold, which this day happened to be a can of whip cream.  I didn't see him shaking it or anything but he clutched onto that can of whip cream until it was time to check out.  When I lifted him from the cart, he accidentally dropped the can, and it exploded everywhere.  When I say everywhere, I mean all over the floor, Casey's hair, Casey's face, my clothes, the rest of the groceries...  It also exploded with an ear-shrilling BOOM, which completely scared Casey.  So there he was with whip cream all over his face, crying huge crocodile tears.  The checker felt horrible that he was so frightened and I just found the entire situation hilarious and couldn't stop laughing!  Anyway, so the next time we went grocery shopping and I went to put whip cream in the cart, Casey shouted, "NO!  I TOO SCARED!!!"  Which, after all that, I can't really blame him.  ;)

We let each of the boys choose a donut from Krispy Kreme, and as we got settled in our booth and opened the box, Casey said, "It too big Daddy.  Too big.  Put dat back."  I have never heard my boys say that a donut (or any treat for that matter) is too big!  So funny!

Casey has been having growing pains at night lately, so if Adam is home, he always goes upstairs to console him.  As soon as he gives him a hug and explains that he is just getting bigger, Casey seems to feel better.  A few weeks ago, Casey's tummy was really hurting.  (X-rays would later show us that he was really constipated.)  As he keeled over in pain, he looked up at me with big eyes and said, "Casey tummy hurt.  I getting bigger mommy."  So cute but it broke my heart!

No comments: