Sunday, December 27, 2009

Answered prayers



Don't these faces look happy? That's because their Daddy was home to spend Christmas with them. It is actually a pretty cool story. Adam was scheduled to leave on the morning of Christmas eve, but we had lots of people praying that somehow our family would be together for Christmas. I thought the situation was pretty hopeless, because Adam was alerted and left our house just as scheduled. God had other plans though. Just as the airplane was about to take off, their crew got a call that the weather was terrible where they were headed. So not only would the flight be delayed for Christmas, but they didn't have to come back for three more days. (There has only been one other time in our marriage when Adam was alerted and ended up coming home.) When Adam called me, I was screaming in excitement and tears of joy filled my eyes at the same time. Yeah God. When you think your husband is going to be gone for Christmas and he ends up being home, it is the most special Christmas ever.

Casey's jammies say, "Dear Santa, I can explain..."
Adam captured this picture of Christmas from upstairs
Even Sy was full of joy and kisses for everyone

I have this same picture of Jacob, Gavin, and now Casey climbing down the stairs on Christmas morning.
This Santa guy is the best!!

I'm hoping this will keep Casey away from Mommy's cell phone. :)
One last dance with Santa...We love our Papa and GG!

2 comments:

Organized Chaos said...

I just read this...YEAH. So happy for you that he was home for Christmas!

Heather Mattos said...

God does answer prayers! I am so happy you all got to have a wonderful Christmas.