Friday, December 18, 2009

Six years of Jacob

My baby is turning six. SIX. How does that happen? We are leaving tomorrow to take him to the Great Wolf Lodge for his birthday. He is sooo excited to play in the water with his cousins and spend the night in their wolf den. :)

Here is a look back on the last six years.

6 months
First birthday

Two years old

Three years old


Four years old


Five years old

Lord,

Thank you for blessing us with six years of Jacob. His smile, his laughter, the way his eyes light up when we are doing something fun, his curiosity, even his quirks... I wouldn't change anything about him. Thank you for the way he loves his mommy and that he tells me so everyday. Thank you that he would still rather stay home with me than go anywhere else. I will always remember the special night when Jacob was born. I remember how scared I was when his heart was racing and when I was being wheeled into the surgical room... but I also remember holding him for the first time and falling in love. I fall more in love with him everyday. I pray that he falls in love with you in that same way.

Amen.

No comments: