Thursday, December 10, 2009

La, la, la,la, la...

We had a day full of singing as Gavin had his preschool Christmas program this morning and a group of friends went to a local nursing home to sing carols and bring holiday cheer to the residents this afternoon.

Gavin was pretty adorable in his Christmas program. Knowing Gavin, I was actually betting Adam that he wasn't going to sing. I thought he would stand there, frozen with stage fright the entire performance. He really REALLY surprised me though. Not only did he sing, but he was doing the hand motions with enthusiasm! I was in shock, but it made my whole day to watch my sweet boy up there.

Go tell it on the mountain,
over the hills,

and everywhere!

Ring those bells...

and spin around...
What a proud proud mommy.My friends and I have made it a tradition to visit this nursing home each year at Christmas time. We have been practicing songs like Away in a manger, Must be Santa, Happy Birthday Jesus, and We wish you a merry Christmas. The kids sing together, then pass out cards and cookies.

The kids were enthralled with the fish tanks in the front room, probably because they were pretty sure a movie star (Nemo) happened to live there.


Really mommy? Another picture?

Some kids sang their little hearts out, others just stood there taking everything in, but watching the joy and smiles of their audience was priceless.

We made cards full of stickers and pictures, with their names written inside each one. Gavin and Jacob were proud to pass them out, along with the cookies. Gavin especially seemed drawn toward the grandpas, which I thought was particularly sweet because I was so close to my grandpa.



I loved watching the boys give in the spirit of Christmas and seeing how much joy they could bring other people.

1 comment:

Heather Mattos said...

what a thoughtful tradition. I am sure all the residents loved seeing the adorable kids!