Sunday, December 06, 2009

Sweet nothings...

Everytime Casey does something mischievous, Jacob thinks he is going to be BIG in trouble. So I always tell him it's OK, that Casey doesn't know any better. (Even though he is starting to know better. ;-) I walked into our bathroom only to find that Casey had pulled the entire roll of toilet paper onto the floor. Jacob happened to be in there at the time, so I jokingly asked him if he did it. He looked me right in the eye and said in his most serious voice, "No mommy. I know better."

The boys were sitting at the table eating lunch when Jacob asked Gavin what he wanted to be when he grew up. Gavin said he wanted to be a pirate, probably because he was a pirate for Halloween. Suddenly I heard, "Mooooommm, Gavin wants to be a pirate when he grows up! But there's no pirate school!" Then he turned back around and said matter-of-factly, "Gavin, pirates live too far away. Pick again."

Today Jacob woke up with a little bit of a cough. He was eating the chocolate out of his advent calendar and said, "Mommy, this chocolate cannot make me better. Only God can." Yeah for cute God realizations... love it. So I said, "You're right Jakey, God can make you feel better." Then all of a sudden he gasped and said, "Mommy, I need to pray to God so he knows I have the coughs!" Since we usually pray together at night, I told him he can pray to God anytime and anywhere. So he immediately folded his hands and said, "Dear God. Please heal me. Amen." And you know what? (I didn't realize this until now) He hasn't coughed again since.

2 comments:

Heather Mattos said...

your boys say the funniest things! they have quite the imaginations:)

Mike, Laura, & Makenna said...

"Pick again!" LoL So funny!

And the fact that God healed Jacob's coughies gave me goosebumps :)