Friday, December 04, 2009

Getting crafty

Now that Jacob is in Kindergarten, I'm realizing that the crafts I did in my first grade classroom are coming in handy. I'm actually not that crafty of a person, but these activities were super easy and fun.

We started on December 1st by making countdown chains. Each morning after they open up their calendar chocolate, they get to tear off a ring so we can count how many days there are until Christmas.

These gingerbread houses were a lot of fun! We just used a milk carton, graham crackers, frosting and LOTS of candy!

!

Jacob's gingerbread house. Note how evenly spaced and precise the candy is, which perfectly matches his little personality.
Gavin's gingerbread house, in contrast, matches his little personality. ;-)
Gavin kept sneaking candy off his gingerbread house throughout the day. When I asked Jacob if he wanted some, he said, "No mommy. I just love my gingerbread house too much."

1 comment:

Heather Mattos said...

fun, family projects! You are very crafty, by the way:)