Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy New Year!

I was really grateful just to be at home with my family for the New Year. Adam was on-call, but ended up getting to spend the evening with us. I was SO happy. We picked up a pizza, got some fun New Year things at Party City and just hung out together. We celebrated early with party poppers, silly string, blow horns, and sparklers. Jacob and Gavin loved it. I don't know if they understood what we were celebrating, but they loved it. (We promised Jacob we would wake him up at midnight to say Happy New Year with us, so we did. He was totally out of it, but seemed appreciative that we remembered.)



These were the same sparklers we used at our wedding when everyone was sending us off. Who knew back then that our our kids would be using them someday? :)
Here is a picture of our mess!

The next day, I took down all of our decorations and Christmas tree. Everytime I took down an ornament, Gavin tried to put it back up. It was so cute... they were all piled up together at the bottom where he could reach.
When I was getting together the Christmas books to put them away, he was laying on his tummy reading them one last time. A little nostalgic like his mommy I guess. :)

No comments: