Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The things Gavin says

Here are some cute things Gavin has been saying lately.

1. He calls Veggietales Rorytales. Whenever we are having vegetables for dinner, he says, "Dis rorytales?" Or if it is a tomato specifically, he will say, "Dis Bob?"

2. Gavin's favorite Christmas show was Shrek the Halls. We had it recorded on DVR and he asked to watch it almost every night. At first I wasn't sure what he was asking for because he would say, "Mommy, I watch Shrekahall?" I finally figured it out. I have to say, it is a pretty cute little show.

3. Jacob was talking about nicknames the other day. He said, "My nickname is Jakey, yours is Gavey-goo, and Casey's is Case-Case." Then Gavin said, "Mommy nickname is hu-nny?" I guess that's all he ever hears Adam calling me!

4. Gavin thinks that the word morning means time to play. So when I come into his bedroom in the morning, he exclaims, "It mording time!" He then proceeds to jump out of bed and run downstairs to play. At night, he almost never wants to go to bed. He always cries, "It not ni-night time! It mording time!" Sometimes when he is having a hard time going to sleep, I will hear him whisper, "Mommy? Is it mording time?"

5. When he was eating pizza for dinner, he saw that there was parsley on it. So he asked, "That yummy flower?" To his credit, it did kind of look like a flower. ;)

6. I love the way Gavin is still learning how English sentence structure works, so he mixes up the order of what he is saying. Instead of saying, "Will you get me milk?" he says, "You get milk for me?" When Adam asks Gavin what he is doing, he says, "Mommy giving hugs with me" instead of "Mommy is giving me hugs." Instead of saying, "I have sandwich in my teeth", he says, "I have teeth in my sandwich."

7. Gavin has a lot of hair, so I didn't realize for awhile that there was dry skin underneath it all. Adam cannot handle the dry skin, so they were cuddling on the couch while Adam scratched it away. I heard Gavin say, "Daddy? Are you getting the birdies out of my hair?" Where he got that... we have no idea.

No comments: