Saturday, January 03, 2009

Laying low...

Tonight Adam and I were going to celebrate our anniversary. He had the weekend off and my mom was going to watch the kids for us. We were going to eat at the Melting Pot or P.F. Chang's and spend the night at Embassy Suites (where we stayed on our honeymoon night).

Plans changed a little last night.

8:00 pm - As we are getting Jacob ready for bed, I realize he has a fever. So we have him drink a full glass of water, give him some Tylenol, and tuck him into bed.

2:00 am - We hear Gavin coughing and realize when we get upstairs that he had thrown up all of the french fries he ate at Red Robin. Let me tell you, he ate a LOT of french fries.

On a side note, I am not so good with throw up (even if it is my kids). It takes everything in me not to throw up myself. If Adam is home, he always cleans it up and I'll do the laundry and scrub the bed/floor/carpet afterward. I can't describe how thankful I was for Adam to be home to tag team the sickness with me. SO thankful.

2:30 am - Just as we finish cleaning up everything, I go up to lay some towels around Gavin and find that he is throwing up again. So now we have to repeat everything we did thirty minutes earlier, plus give him a bath.

3:00 am - I am worried about getting to Gavin fast enough because our bedroom is downstairs. So we carry Gavin into our bedroom and let him sleep in his sleeping bag on the floor. Just as we get him settled in, he throws up again.

3:30 am - As Adam and I are climbing into bed exhausted, I hear Casey's little cry. So I feed Casey.

6:30 am - Casey wakes up to eat again, but thankfully goes back to sleep.

8:00 am - Jacob and Gavin get up for the day. Jacob starts to throw up and I run him to the bathroom. We made it.

The rest of the day went a little better. Gavin seemed to feel like his little self again and was fine. Jacob slept on the couch in and out of a fever all day. I don't think he even moved.

6:00 pm - Jacob throws up again. This time, we don't make it to the bathroom. More scrubbing and laundry.

7:00 pm - We all go up to our family fun room to watch Wall-E... really cute movie by the way.

8:00 pm - Take all of Jacob and Gavin's fresh laundry out of the dryer, make their beds, and tuck them in. Gavin looks at me and says, "Mommy, I'm all done with hoo-ah. I feel better and better."

Hoo-ah is our family's name for throwing up. Adam tells the boys if they feel sick to run to the toilet and say hoo-ah. So Gavin ran to the toilet randomly throughout the day and said "hoo-ah" in his sweet little voice. I don't think he gets it yet. ;)

All in all, I'm not too sad about tonight. My mom said she would come down after our anniversary so we can go out. And even though they were sick, it was nice to cuddle up with popcorn and watch a movie together. We even danced at the end.

1 comment:

Heather Mattos said...

what a busy night for you guys and a memorable anniversary! I hope that you get a chance to celebrate and your kiddos are feeling better.