Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The things Jacob says

Here are some funny things Jacob has been saying lately.

1. The other night, I heard Gavin in bed crying for Jacob to stop. I went upstairs to see what happened.
M: Jacob, did you hurt Gavin?
J: No mommy. I was giving him chopsticks.
Chopsticks? I was stumped.
M: What are chopsticks Jakey? Did you pretend you were playing the drum on him?
J: No. I gave him chopsticks on his mouth.
I was in total confusion. Finally he pointed to the chapstick on his dresser.
J: His lips hurt mommy, so I gave him chopsticks.

2. We were having salmon for dinner with seasoning on top (that apparently looked like grass). So Jacob informed me that he would like his salmon without grass.

3. For breakfast, Gavin was eating Raisin Bran. Jacob took one look at his cereal bowl and said, "I would like Raisin Bran without the bran."

3. The first day our Christmas tree was up, I was unplugging the lights before we went to bed. Jacob gasped and said, "Mommy! The Christmas tree lights fell off!"

4. Jacob has learned that his Tag reader only holds five books at a time. So when he wants to add another book, he has to choose one book to put away first. He always says, "I will say bye-bye to that book." So one day Jacob was talking about if mommy had another baby in her tummy. Then he thought for a minute and said, "I will say bye-bye to Gavin." I wasn't sure what he was talking about at first, but it didn't take me long to figure it out. He thought if I was going to have another baby, he would have to choose one brother to say good-bye to!

5. This morning, Jacob was talking about Sy. He told us all about how he came out of his mommy's tummy. All of a sudden, he looked worried. "Uh-oh... we forgot to take his mommy home with us!"

6. Last night, I was laying in bed with Jacob and here was how our conversation went.
J: Mommy, I love you.
M: I love you too.
J: Are you always going to be my mommy?
M: Yes. I will always be your mommy.
J: Are you Daddy's wife?
M: Yes. I love Daddy.
J: That makes me smile SO big.

2 comments:

Heather Mattos said...

I am sitting here cracking up laughing! I love the chopstick story:)

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Coley calls Chap Stick chopstick too! That's so funny!