Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Eight years

It is our eighth anniversary today... and Adam's birthday! I know it seems crazy, but we got married on this day for some very special reasons. One was that it was my grandparent's wedding anniversary. Another was that our relationship began on January 6th, exactly two years before we were married. That means we have been together for a decade today. A decade! That is one-third of my life! Wow... I must really love that guy. :)

Adam's dad asked me the other day what I had envisioned for my life before I met Adam. My hope was for a Christ-centered marriage where we would pray together, serve each other, and have unconditional love in this adventure of life. I can honestly say that all of my hopes were found in Adam. He is an amazing husband and truly makes me so happy. I can't even describe how much he loves our boys and I love watching him play with each of them. One thing is for sure, I definitely didn't envision having three boys! Now I think it is such a blessing and privilege though... to raise Godly men in this world.

Recently, my hairstylist was telling me about a marriage series her pastor was doing on the Song of Songs. She wasn't married, but couldn't say enough about how this series had been impacting her life. So Adam and I have been taking a few nights each week to just relax, cuddle on the couch, and listen to them. There are questions to ask each other and we've had some really good discussions. I have learned so much and really feel like our marriage has been strengthened as a result. Anyway, I was so glad she had the courage to tell me about it and I wanted to pay it forward. :)

Adam had to work tonight, but I'm hoping we will get a chance to celebrate our eight years soon! Now that our kids are healthy again.

1 comment:

Tylertopia said...

Happy Anniversary to you guys!! :o)