Wednesday, January 07, 2009

One more day

Tomorrow was supposed to be my first day back at work. I went in for a little bit today to watch my job share partner teach and get to the know the kids. They are a really sweet class... so so cute. I have mixed feelings about going back, but that definitely helps. Thank goodness it's only a couple days a week.

I just found out that school was cancelled due to the flooding up here. I have to admit, I was a little excited to have one more day off. Instead of going to bed, I get to stay up late and hang out with Adam. Tomorrow, I get to wake up to my boys and my sweet baby and play with them all day. After hearing the message on my voicemail, I was screaming, "Yea, yea, yea!" There's just something about knowing you were supposed to work and now you don't have to. You cherish your day off a lot more than usual. It's almost like a snow day... without the snow.

Immediately I heard Jacob say, "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy! Come here!" So I went upstairs to find him sitting upright with a huge smile. "Mommy! Did you just open a present?!" Because in the mind of a five year-old, that is the only reason you would be THAT excited.

No comments: